Hi everyone! This is a little survey about which books I read in 2013…..I found it on littleonionwrites blog and decided to share it. Oookay…Let’s get started
1. Best book you read in 2013?
Hmmmm…..Best book, it should be books! Anyway..
I think I’ll have to say…. Lemony Snicket’s A series of Unfortunate Events ,Sister’s Grimm and the Inheritence cycle. Eeeek, I think that was a little too much >.<
2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn’t?
It’s Graceling and Incarceron! I had heard tons about both books and how amazing they were. So I finally picked them up full of anticipation from the library, but they fell flat for me *sigh*. this is just my opinion and it may be an awesome book for you but Graceling and me just don’t meet. So, yeah.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
I didnt think much of Artemis Fowl but now…….yes, it’s me Nirvana, Ultimate fan of Artemis Fowl 😀 (and countless others). I’ve read the entire series and love it!
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
Heroes of Olympus and A series of Unfortunate Events. I love both author’s writing styles, especially Lemony Snicket’s. It’s unique. And to my dear readers….I highly recommend both if you havent read them (I’d be surprised you haven’t). If you have, well, reread them!!! 😀
5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
Inheritance cycle by Christopher Paolini, Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordon, The Sister’s Grimm, Spiderwick Chronicles, A series of unfortunate events ( Again!! I know,I know…But I can’t stop myself). Vanmpire Diaries and Secrets series by Pseudonymous Bosch.There are way too many more but these are the best ones (!!)
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
Lemony Snicket…..The answer to everything!!! His books are genius, and his writing style is just awesome and right now I’m in my Lemony Snicket fan-phase!
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
It’ll have to be His Dark Materials trilogy . I don’t normally read sci-fiction/paranormal, so I was a bit hesitant reading this and wouldn’t read it at all if it was for the movie, but I’m glad I did, ’cause I loved it.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
I read House of Hades recently and…..OMG…..words can’t describe it…
. Book you read in 2013 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
Definitely any book in the Kane Chronicles. They are so FUNNY and exciting….The perfect combination!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
Inkheart! Imean look at that cover *sighs happily*. Better still, I’ve got my own copy of it!
11. Most memorable character in 2013?
Where do I start?? I have thousands! Reyna, Lyra, Angela (Eragon), Zoe Nightshade, Sadie (Kane Chronicles) Sabrina Grimm, Cass and Max-Ernest.The list goes on and on and on…..
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
The Northern Lights. It describes everything so well, and not just descriptions, my opinion of things. The author is so much like me that it’s scary. It’s like he crawled into my head and wrote the book.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
House of Hades…Duh!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to read?
The Hunger Games. I decided to ignore everyone hyperventilating about it, but when I read it- BAM. How could I have waited this long???
15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2013?
From The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials #1)
The idea hovered and shimmered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at directly in case it burst.But she was familiar with the way of ideas and she let it shimmer , looking away, thinking about something else
I really like this one, because the exact same thing happens to me everyday!Also here’s another one..
From The Grimm Grotto (A Series of Unfortunate Events #8)
“People aren’t either wicked or noble. They’re like chef’s salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict.”
I also really like this one because of it’s truth. It’s so true that noyone is either good or bad…they can do a lifetime of evil, but before their dying breath they commit an act of good.
16. Shortest and longest book you read in 2013?
Shortest: I was into reading Horrible Histories this year, so I guess those would be the shortest book.
Longest: Eldest by Christopher Paolini
17. Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it?
WARNING! The Subtle Knife spoilers ahead! In The Subtle Knife, when I discovered that Stanislaus Graumm was actually John Parry and Will’s father…I desperately wanted to tell someone and shout OMG. Noyone I knew had read it, except my sister who was still reading it. And trust me, you don’t want to see her angry after you tell her a spoiler! 😀
18. Favorite relationship from a book you read in 2013?
I love Will and Sadie’s relationship in the Throne Of Fire and in Artemis Fowl, Artemis and Butler’s relationship. the two are so different and their conversations are mostly hilarious.
19. Favorite book you read in 2013 from an author you’ve read previously?
Rick Riordan. I read his latest book, House Of Hades (no duhs)!
20. Best book you read in 2013 that you read based solely on a recommendation from somebody else?
The Fairy Tale Detectives (The Sister’s Grimm #1)
21. Genre you read the most from in 2013?
Loads, but mostly Fantasy and Sci-Fiction.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Lyra!! Ten points if you can guess which book she’s from!!
23. Best 2013 debut you read?
Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl #1) Nothing else is occuring to me right now 🙂
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
Eldest by Christopher Paolini. The plot was somewhat blocked in this book but the imagery (if excessive) was beautiful!
5. Book that was the most fun to read in 2013?
Alanna, The First Adevnturer…It was a really nice book to read and I enjoyed it!
26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2013?
A Little Princess, by Frances Hodgsen Burnett.That book is beautiful. It makes me cry each time I read it. I would also say Bridge to Terebithia.
27. Book you read in 2013 that you think got overlooked this year or when it came out?
I would say The Fire Within by Chris D’Lacey. It was a lovely book, but I dont think that it got the attention it needed. It should be in every book store and library and to all readers; read that book, you wont regret it…I promise 😀
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2013?
I’ve read lots of book blogs this year, all of them were awesome and I enjoy reading them so I can’t say I’ve got only ONE favourite book blog!
2. Best discussion you had on your blog?
That would be Goodbye Bunnies!! Check it out here
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
Hmmm…I really liked Dwelling on Possibilities on Dreamspinner’s blog
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Yes. We went to a book festival at Pak-China Centre. It was fun, with all sorts of book-related stuff and fun activities.
6. Best moment of book blogging/your book life in 2013?
The best moment would be when I check my email, and see the highlighted Nirvana’s Pocketful button and get lots of likes and comments. Keep liking and commenting everyone!
7. Most popular post this year on your blog?
To my astonishment, that would be The Colouful Cracked Effect. I think it was liked because I enjoyed doing it myself too!
8. Post you wished got a little more love?
Probably one of my first poems or stories. But now as I read them again, they were horrible. But a special thing about this is, I can see how much I’ve grown, and how my writing skills have improved over time. From a silly 9 year old’s stories that they used to be, they have definitely improved 😀
9. Best bookish discover?
Oooh! I found this awesome library called Kuch Khaas (Something special) It has EVERY book that I had wanted to read for ages. I love going there ^_^
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
At the start of the year, I went over the top and made a Hu-u-uge Reading List, containg all sorts of wierd books. then I lost it somewhere. But I was spring cleaning just last week and found it again. To my surprise I had read most of those books and only a few were left *pats herself on the back* =D
1. One book you didn’t get to in 2013 but will be your number 1 priority in 2014?
Inkdeath! It keeps waiting on my bookshelf but I just can’t seem to get to it 😀
2. Book you are most anticipating for 2014 (non-debut)?
I really want to read Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech. I can’t seem to find it anywhere!
3. 2014 debut you are most anticipating?
I actually have no idea, right now I’ve started like a dozen series and are hoping to finish them. If I read one more debut my head is going to *explode* (If you know what I mean)
4. Series ending you are most anticipating in 2014?
Obviously it’s………. Blood Of Olympus!! (Trumpet sounds in background)
5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging in 2014?
I plan on posting more crafts and especially stories. Normally I post once a week, or even less so hopefully I’ll post more. Also recently every story that I wrote I hated. It was like a story inferiority complex :D. Well this time, expect more stories guys!
Phew! Though long, I really enjoyed that. Pass it on, and if you participate too, leave me a link! This took me three days, each day with me promising myself that I’d do it, but I’ve finally done it! Yay! 😀 Have an awesome day everyone!