We’re all guilty of it. Don’t tell that the last time you went to the bookstore, you didn’t see the book with that gorgeous cover…suddenly you couldn’t live if you didn’t own it…Ka-Ching!
Yes, next thing you know your purse was empty and the book was bought. Then spent the next few minutes admiring it! I do it it as well, along with checking the blurb. But there is also another addition to my book-buying ritual, and that is the chapter names. Some authors just have an amazing knack for giving chapter names that force you to keep reading and not stop. I had a game while reading Harry Potter to guess what would happen in the chapter just by looking at the chapter names. I dare you not to Google what No.7 means. 🙂 No – Actually do! Then you sill realize what a strange chapter name it is 😀
Okay, enough with the rambling and let’s get on with the real stuff. P.S I made the chapter images myself!*salutes proudly* and spent a good amount of time making them!
Here is a compilation of the top 10 best chapter names…
1. Ooooh, eerily attracting…
2. Who wouldn’t be intrigued by this one? Rick Riordan has an amazing knack for coming up with great chapter titles 😀 Boy, how I would love to meet him!
3. Lolz 😀 One of my most favourite chapters in the series! I’m rereading it right now on my tattered copy of the Deathly Hallows.
5. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – Rick never fails ^-^ Whoever had read kane Chronicles will know why I giggle when someone says Dwarf Pride Speedos
6. Not the type of guillotine that comes to your mind in medieval France. This book gives a different spin to a guillotines, severing your soul instead of your head.
7. What a weird name for a chapter! Really…
9. For someone who hasn’t read the books (though I really don’t know someone who hasn’t :D), this chapter would be a little queer. I mean, what’s so hard in just living? This chapter brings backs old memories…The first chapter to the first book which brought me to this wonderful world!
Well, that was fun! Do you guys know of any great chapter titles? Do you judge chapter titles, or are numbers the new chapter titles for you? Let me know your bookish quirks and habits in the comments! I would love to hear them! *bats her eyelashes innocently* Please?