“Answer the following questions about books on your book and then tag five other bloggers. You can answer the questions any way you want, whether it’s on your blog, in a video, or a combination of the two. Then remember to let whoever tagged you know when your post is up so they can read it.”
Okay, so Desiree B at the Inky Tavern bookshelf tagged me a few days ago! Thanks 🙂 This looks like something fun, so why not give it a try?
1. Is there a book that you really want to read but haven’t because you know that it’ll make you cry?
Actually, I don’t think so. I have been isolated from my friends during the summers hols, so we can cut that out as well 😀 A while ago I might have said The Fault in Our Stars because it was all the rage and everyone was raving about it, but now I’ve read it, so no 😦
2. Pick one book that helped introduce you to a new genre?
I LOVE fantasy, and generally stick to that. But recently, I have been giving alot of new genres to try.Again, I’ll give the TFioS example – beacuse it introduced me to a genre in which I have been missing out on so much: Contemporary YA.
Also, right now I’m reading The Boneshaker, which introduced me to steampunk, a genre I never gave a try before ^-^
3. Find a book that you want to reread.
I just finished Incarceron (I know, another ‘just finished’! But hey, I’ve been busy reading this week, and that’s a perfectly valid excuse for not posting five days in a row :D)
Despite the few negative reviews I saw on Goodreads before reading it, I actually quite like it. But since I kept on getting interrupted again and again (maybe food, family and other stuff) I feel as if I missed out quite a lot of stuff. So rereading it would be the best option.
Btw, I’m in love with it’s cover ♥
4. Is there a book series you read but wish that you hadn’t?
I generally stop reading a book/series if I don’t like it.
I heard some great things from a good friend about Magyk and Flyte, and the had the most gorgeous covers so I had to read. THREE WORDS: They fell flat. I looked something like this after finishing it…
😦 I thought things would somehow improve after the first book, but they really didn’t. It was:
- Too babyish. Um, really, the cover says 13 years+ but I really think it should be 6 years+ .
- Second was the use of Capital letters maybe ten times in a paragraph. One sentence went something like: The Thing turned around to his Left and Attacked. GAAAAH! One sentence = annoying, but okay. Entire book = Not okay and major irritation and letdown.
- Third was the author treating us like babies. Whenever a Magyk word would come up, it would be boldened and Italicized. Get what I mean?
Sheesh, I feel a little mean after that mean review 😀 Forgive me, okay?
5. If your house was burning down and all of your family and pets were safe, which book would you go back inside to save?
All of them! (Or as much as I could carry anyway) They are my babies, and no child gets left behind. And ofcourse get my Tab (which has a few ebooks) and my flash which contains my entire library. So much to do!
6. Is there one book on your bookshelf that brings back fond memories?
Any Harry Potters – hands down. Or some Artemis Fowls. But Harry Potter wins – A nice walk down the memory lane ^^
7. Find a book that has inspired you the most.
Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell.
A very odd choice, I hand it to you. But this book hardwired my mind in ways mankind has not imagined. Cath’s dedication to Simon Snow reminds me of myself in my extreme fangirl days.
Anyway, getting carried off the point. It inspired me to write more stories, betterise (:D I told you making words up was a hobby) my own blog! I can’t explain. It just did 🙂
8. Do you have any autographed books?
Nope 😦 But I have to get one really soon – it would be super-awesome if I did!
9. Find the book that you have owned the longest.
Those would be my little Enid Blyton’ books from back when I was a tiny gal’ 😀 But from when I properly started collecting books, it’s Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix. I bought it even before the Philosopher’s Stone because I was collecting them, and the bookshop I found it in had GREAT prices. Hehe!
10. Is there a book by an author that you never imagined you would read or enjoy?
I don’t know.
When I walk into a library or a bookshop, either I get books for which I have heard amazing reviews, but most of the times I walked the the most obscure parts of the shop. The area whee i can see potential great reads ♥ and buy books from series I have never heard of and judge them from reading an excerpt in the middle of the book, chapter, first page and blurb. Or I simply buy it 😀
Whew! *wipes sweat from brow* I didn’t know this would exceed a thousand words. But I guess y’all know I have a knack for rambling. And I love talking, whether through digital means or not XD Sooo, my five nominations are:
If you haven’t visited these blogs, you may find that Nirvana might do something she really didn’t mean to do 😛 Even if you HAVEN’T been tagged, feel free to carry it on and do the tag 😀 Oooh, and link me to your post if you decide to do it…