If any of you noticed my lack of posting lately – SEVEN days without posting eeek!! – it’s due to the fact that the summer holidays few away far quicker than my languid brain could register. It seems that the odds were not in my favour, and the Insanity Games have begun! (a.k.a School)
Since most of you (or anyone who has stuck around my blog long enough) you know that I am a HUGE Lunar Chronicles fan.
Anyway, after I finishes Cress, I also sort of fell in fandom for Winter (even though she had something like…One scene? Or was it two?) But then, as I am Nirvana after all 😀 I wanted to see more of her. I wanted to know more about her. I just couldn’t couldn’t couldn’t wait for the next book. Just urgh 😀
Anyway, while reading Cress, int the few short scenes in which they DID introduce Princess Winter, Levana’s stepdaughter, she reminded me of someone from another great series I had read from my favourite authors. And I found that I could majorly relate her with Voilante from the Inkheart Trilogy.
Winter is awesome.
Voilante is awesome.
Both are my favourite characters in their respective series. And both have SO much in common that I’m wondering if Marissa Meyer has actually read Inkheart! [But then again, there is always the possibility that this post is the product of my over-reactive mind switched over to fangirling mode. It happens.]
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for Cress and Inkdeath! If you are in the process of reading any of these books, turn back right now 🙂 ]
Similarities between Princess Winter and Voilante
1) ♚ First of all, both of them have a scar on their cheeks. Voilante has a birthmark, and Winter has one (rumour has it that Levana herself inflicted those scars)
2)♛ Both are of royal blood, and are princesses
3) ♚ Both have evil parents. Voilante’s father was the Adderhead, and Cress’s stepmother is the tyrannical Queen Levana herself!
4) ♛ Both are only children – no siblings for these young ladies which I think shapes their personality greatly 🙂 Who knows how much more different they would have been if they had a brother or a sister?
5) ♚ Even though both are powerless against the greater power of their parents/step-parents. But even though it seems that the general public hails their guardians, Winter and Violante have their own band of supporters. Winter has Jacin and it is implied that she has a few more, and it was shown that Violante had a lot of soldiers who also secretly supported her when she helped Mo escape from the castle.
6) ♛ Both are slightly non compos mentis. Violante, powerless and lonely sometimes wonders if she is losing her mind. Winter is having delusions, because she hasn’t used her Lunar gift since she was a little kid…
“I haven’t used my glamour since I was twelve years old,” she whispered, gaze piercing as if it were very important to her that Scarlet understand this. “Not since I was old enough to control it. That’s why the visions come to me. That’s why I’m going mad.”
7) ♚ Even though they both have evil moms and dads who want to take over the world, both are on the good side. Violante helped Mo and the rest to help bring down her father, and why do I get the feeling that Winter is going to be joining Cinder’s team soon enough?
Woah! They are more similiar than I imagined! Who knew I could come up with eight points?