I have a good memory. Which means that part of the perks of being my friend would mean suffering through random quotes that I spout.
My sister and I inherited that from my father. It’s cool though – one of my favourite memories with her, was when I was getting a glass of water at one in the morning, and I found her pacing outside reciting Edgar Allen Poe. Needless to say, I was very creeped out.
But it ended in a lot of giggling and snorting on water. And Sarah Kay (more on her later). It was cute; one of the few (or the many times I refuse to count) I was really happy to have a sister. They’re like minions who’ll listen to your rants and music.
…but I digress, where was I?
I love these a lot though – they’re in no particular order, what from poetry, to lyrics, to book quotes. But they’re definitely worth memorizing. And they make me happy, like I-just-listened-to-Halsey happy.
- because this is my favourite song in Badlands.
- because Sarah Kay is the person who got me into spoken word poetry.I will love you all forever if you watch this.
- this sounds like a really sappy life quote, maybe it is, but for some reason I keep on coming back to it. it gets me through the day.
- I found this through Vicious, but damn. The accuracy hurts.
- And this. They’re both saying the same things buuuut I just like making quote edits a lot. Bless Lemony Snicket’s analogies.
- Sherlock might not be the best person to go to for advice, but this is what I’ll usually say amid boxes of tissues when I’m a teary mess. nope. it’s a DEFECT. Basically, anything Sherlock or Moriarty will say will be quoted by me at one point.
- I love all of Lemony Snicket’s dedications to Beatrice. [Even if she’s fictional, something about that intricately woven universe with doom and fires and mysterious organizations makes me happy. Don’t let Lemony’s threatening blurbs put you off.] At one point, I knew all of these by heart. CAN I CRY ALL OF THESE ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. And morbid.
- I reread Ari and Dante* way too much for it to be normal. Nevermind the 872389237 books on my TBR. This book does something to my heart.
i think this post was an excuse for me to procrastinate and make a tone of quote edits. which ones was your favourite? any lyrics/witty liners/or quotes y’all love?